Robert & Sally-Ann James
Directions by car
From the west (Thurso):
• Take the A836 heading east out of Thurso towards John O’Groats.
• Continue on the A836 through Castletown and Dunnet.
• Enter the village of Mey, pass the Castle Arms Hotel on your right and then the entrance to the ‘Castle of Mey’ on your left.
• Proceed for 1/2 mile and you will see a brown tourist sign on the left displaying ‘Mey House Luxury B&B’.
• Turn left and follow the road for 200 yards, where you will find Mey House on the right.
From the east (John O’Groats):
• Take the A836 heading west away from John O’Groats.
• Follow the A836 through Huna and Gills.
• Continue for 2 miles until you see a brown tourist sign on your right displaying ‘Mey House Luxury B&B’.
• Turn right and follow the road for 200 yards, where you will find Mey House on the right.
There are two train stations in the region – Thurso (12 miles) and Wick (20 Miles). Taxis are available at both stations or give us a call in advance and we’ll happily collect you. A small surcharge may apply.
The Scottish Caledonian Sleeper provides an excellent overnight service to/from Inverness commencing at London Euston every night except Saturday. Hire cars are available to collect from Inverness station with prior booking. If you need more information, do give us a call.
The nearest airport is Wick which receives regular flights from Edinburgh and Aberdeen. Alternatively Inverness airport services London, Birmingham, Manchester and further afield.